Thursday, March 1, 2018

I'm back!

This is my first post from my new home in Orlando, Florida. I joined a gym here called Power Strength Gym, which is without question geared towards strength training. As an example, there are 6 squat racks. I've also seen 5 different guys working out shirtless. In my old gym, I would have been considered "strong". Here, I am absolutely nothing, and it makes for some great motivation.

I am going to change up my workouts a bit. For the time being, I am not going to join a separate bootcamp class. Instead, I will do HIIT cardio at the gym. I've been here a week and have been to the gym 5 days in a row, have implemented the HIIT after a few of the workouts, and so far, so good.

I will continue to use the 531 method for hex deads, Jeffersons, and OHPs. As a side note, the hex bar here isn't really a hex bar. It's called a Super Deadlift bar and is made by Power Systems. It's very difficult to grip, so I am not sure if I will be able to lift as heavy on it.

In any event, today is the first day that I will log the workout I performed:

Bodyweight: 220

Incline DB Press
55's/10, 65's/8, 75's/6, 80's/5, 90's/7 (ties 531 PR)

Prime Fitness Plate Loaded Incline Press (this is different from the Hammer Strength machine I was using in my previous gym)
160/9, 160/8, 160/8, 160/7

Incline DB Fly
30's/13, 35's/13, 40's/10

Pushups
20 (very difficult at the end of the workout)

I finished up with some abs, Tabata style.

No comments:

Post a Comment