Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Overhead Press

Even though I have been down this shoulder problem road ad nauseam by now, I tried yet another type of chest exercise tonight to see how it would feet. That exercise is the Smith Machine Incline Press. I haven't used a Smith Machine in I couldn't tell you how long, but I've read some good things regarding its use with shoulder issues. So, what the hell?

Smith Machine Incline Press 
135/10, 135/10, 135/10, 135/10
   This is a fake 135, of course, since the weight of the bar can't really be counted. So, for lack of a better description, I'll just call it a "Smith Machine 135 pounds". Very easy, of course, but the key is no shoulder pain at all. Of course, I said the same thing about Hammer Strength presses not too long ago and that didn't turn out very well. As always, let's see how this goes. I'm not the biggest Smith Machine guy, but if this ends up working, I'll take it.

Overhead Press
98/10, 138/5, 148/5, 158/3, 163/1, 138/7 (good session)

Planks
5:00 cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment