Monday, November 30, 2015

Apple Cleanse

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and while I did workout, I also ate and drank like an idiot for three days. So, I decided to go on a 48 hour apple cleanse, which began last night at 5pm. I have done this before after holidays and have had success. It's very simple..eat literally nothing but apples for 48 hours. Drink water. Some coffee is allowed. There are no limit as to the amount of apples you can eat- you just can't eat anything else. If you are going to workout, keep it light.

At 5pm Sunday night, I weighed 228 pounds, which is the most I have weighed in quite some time.
9am Monday: 224
5pm Monday: 223
9am Tuesday: 219
5pm Tuesday: 219

I did workout tonight and probably went a little above "light", but didn't go crazy. Here's what I did:

12 neutral grip pull ups
1 mile run in ~8:00
.20 walk cool down
.75 mile run in 6:00
1:00 regular plank
Pulley Crunches: 150/20, 150/15
10 neutral grip pull ups

I was definitely more tired at the conclusion of this workout than I would have been had I performed the same workout under normal eating conditions.

I am definitely hungry, but I like the results. I also realize that a lot of the weight loss is simply due to the fact that the initial weight gain was due to an inordinate amount of eating and drinking in that three day period. Just stopping that alone would result in weight loss, whether or not I did an apple cleanse. The apple cleanse is simply a challenge to put me in the right mental framework.

At the conclusion of the cleanse tomorrow, I will have turkey and broccoli prior to my Strong 15, Week 4 night of overhead presses.

No comments:

Post a Comment