Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Another Hex Bar Dead PR to end the year

The PR of 451 last time left me wondering if I could do more. Since I had one more workout left in 2014, I decided to find out. But, first....

Planks
Regular: 1:00, 1:00

Pushups
33

Planks
1:00

Hex Bar Deadlift
150/10, 240/5, 330/3, 420/1, 460/1 (PR)
    *HELL YEAH! 460 is a true PR. I used everything I had to get that rep! 460 is 9 pounds closer to 500!

Bodyweight Chins (My weight now is ~224.)
12, 10, 8, 8, 7

DB Curls
25's/15, 10, 10

Pushups
26

And so ends 2014. Definitely a crazy year for me, lifting wise, as I completely changed what I do because of injuries. No more bench pressing, back squats, OHPs, or conventional deadlifts. Enter hex bar deads, front squats, pushups, and the beginning of sumo deadlifts.

Yes, this year has been a huge shot to the ego, and depressing at times. At the end of the day, I am not too upset about replacing conventional deads and back squats because my injury was so painful, that I really don't want to ever experience that again.

However, I am bummed about my left shoulder situation. I really want to bench (in some capacity, even if only decline) and overhead press again. Doing the pushups has been OK on my shoulder, so I am hopeful that at some point in 2015 I can add more chest & shoulder work.

I plan on lifting again on Tuesday, January 6. Between now and then, I will continue doing pushups and cardio.

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment