Friday, December 5, 2014

Pushups

Tonight, I started the hundredpushups.com program, which is run three times per week. According to the site, the first thing to be done is an initial test, just to see where you are. On Tuesday, I took the initial test and was able to do 27 pushups. The site recommends starting at Week 3 of the program if your initial test resulted in more than 20 pushups. Each week is broken down into three different options based on how many pushups were completed.

27 put me in the most difficult part of the Week 3 program. Sets of 14, 18, 14, 14, and at least 20 were called for, with a recommended rest period of "60 seconds (longer if required)" in between sets.

I was able to get 14 on the first set and 18 on the second. However, I only managed 10, 10, and 10 on the remaining three sets. I took longer than 60 seconds in between each set, as well.

Despite my initial test results, I obviously did not come close to handling the recommended sets. As a result, I will move down to the easiest part of Week 3 for my next workout and progress from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment