Friday, October 24, 2014

Front Squats & DB Presses

I was able to work out as a guest at the WWE gym tonight. (yes, that WWE) Since I don't know the weights of the bars, I am going with 45, but the one I used felt lighter. On the flip side, the DBs I used felt heavier than what they were labeled at, so who knows.

Planks
2:45 (held the regular pose the entire time)

Front Squats
135/10, 185/5, 205/3, 230/5 (5 rep PR), 245/2
   * I felt really strong with these, but was the bar lighter than I thought??? In arguing that it was not lighter, tonight's session was a natural progression from last week's. It's not like I threw up ridiculous weights and reps in comparison.

Neutral Grip DB Overhead Press
60s/10, 70s/3, 70s/5, 70s/5, 70s/5
   * Wow, did these DBs feel heavier than the ones at my regular gym! I felt it right away when I started repping the set of 60s. I wasn't in love with the benches here, either, so perhaps that had something to do with it???

Hamstrings - 5 sets of accessory work, light weight, short rest

No comments:

Post a Comment