Saturday, April 13, 2013

1.5 mile conditioning

In previous posts, I have discussed training my 1.5 mile run.

On the treadmill, I was able to do the 1.5 in 10:46.

Last weekend, I tried it out on the track. Unfortunately, my time was 12:40. I was disappointed, but I was not surprised that my speed suffered. The body naturally slows down on the track as it gets tired. This is not the case on a treadmill, as the speed the belt is set on forces you to maintain that speed until you lower it.

After last week, I decided that I will only train the 1.5 on the track going forward.

I went there this morning and was able to do it in 12:33.

Yes, it is only 7 seconds better than last time, but it is still better. My goal in this is to be able to get to the 11 minute mark on the track. I would think that I am capable of doing this, as my body did physically do this distance in 10:46 on the treadmill. I just need to find it inside of me.

* On a side note, I weighed myself this morning: 209. That is the lowest I have weighed in maybe 15 years. My strength seems pretty good, so I suppose that's not a bad thing. Shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment