Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 5, Day 1: Volume Day

Squats: 285/5,5,5,5,5; Form was about the same as it's been- will stay at this weight for a while in an effort to nail down the form. It was challenging, but I felt like I was in control of the weight.

Floor Press: 205/5,5,5,5,5; The last two sets were especially challenging.

Deadlifts: 375/0; I couldn't lift the bar off of the floor at all, which was surprising since I nailed 370/5 last week.  I am thinking about moving deadlifts to Day 3 because I am pretty spent by the time deadlifts come around on Day 1.  Maybe it's just an issue of not enough rest or maybe I am peaking at the exercise?  I'm not sure at this point... will try 375 again next week and make a decision for the future based on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment