Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 3, Day 1: Volume Day

Squats: 275/5,5,5,5,5- difficult; depth was good, but I need to stay back a little bit more. Will stay on this weight next week, in order to concentrate on that aspect.

Bench: I decided to mix in some flat bench press to change things up a bit and see where I was. I haven't done flat bench pressing in a very long time, as I have never been able to progress much with it due to my long arms.
I did one set of 225/3, then went to decline and did 255/5,5, and then went back to flat and did 205/5,5.  The flat benching at the weights I selected were a lot harder than I wanted them to be. I am thinking about alternating flat and decline on a weekly basis to try yet another way to get decent at flat bench pressing.

Deadlift: 370/2- this felt incredibly heavy and I am not sure why, as I did well with 365/5 last week. I just lost it after the second rep and walked away. Will try 370/5 again next week.  I am not sure why I was so weak tonight because I slept and ate well today.  The trick here is to not be discouraged and attack this weight like an animal next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment