Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 3, Day 3: Intensity Day

Squats: 280/5; Will do 275/5X5 on Day 1 of next week to concentrate on improving my form. My depth is very good, but I've noticed that my heel has been coming up a little bit right before the bottom of each rep.

Floor Press (legs straight out): 225/3; 205/5; For the time being I am going to replace decline bench pressing with floor presses. I have done a lot of research over the past week and have decided to give this exercise a try.  I have read some positive feedback from those that have trouble with flat benching pressing due to long arms.  My arms are very long, and as such, I have always had a tremendous amount of trouble with the flat bench. The decline was working well for a long time, but I think my chest has sunk a little bit because of it.  I am hopeful that floor presses will make my chest rise, while increase my strength in the flat chest movement.

Pendlay Rows: 200/5- I wasn't touching my upper stomach/lower chest area with the bar, so I lowered it to 195 and did 4 sets of 5 reps with proper form.

No comments:

Post a Comment