Friday, June 29, 2018

Landmine Squats

I had high hopes for these going in to the workout, but as the weight increased, I came to realize how difficult it is to hold it in position. I found myself feeling it more in the arms and shoulders than in the legs, and that's a problem. Since I really don't like the Super Deadlift bar, I was hoping this could replace that exercise, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am going to think on this more over the weekend.

Weight of the bar not included:

45/10, 70/8, 90/7, 90/8, 115/7, 135/5, 135/4, 135/3
   * Holding the weight really became taxing at the 135 mark, which is three plates on the bar. After three sets of 135, I switched the grip to more of a deadlift type grip and did the following:

135/10, 180/7, 225/6
  * While easier to grip this way, I still wouldn't call it ideal. Again, I was focusing more on my grip than on my legs, which defeats the whole point of me doing the exercise. At the end of the day, I can't justify replacing 400+ pounds on the Super Deadlift bar with doing about half of that weight here.

I decided to finish up with a set of 90/10 with the regular grip.  I did a little bit of cardio afterward and called it a day.

It's definitely a good, effective movement, and I can see why people do it, but I don't think it fits my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment