Thursday, February 26, 2015

Back

Sumo Deadlift
133/10, 223/10, 223/10, 223/10
   * After some deliberation, I've decided that I am going to stay light with sumos and treat them as a hamstring dominant assistance exercise. As I've stated previously, I have injured my back three times deadlifting over the years, with the most severe being in January 2014. The hex bar deadlift has been my savior, so I am just going to stick with that as my "strength" form of deadlifting. I've become comfortable with it this past year and never feel any pain or tweaking in my lower back. With sumos, I have felt a tweak here and there when I've increased the weight and I am just not very comfortable with the form overall. The risk of another injury definitely does not outweigh the benefits, so repping these out at a lighter weight is the prudent thing to do.

Hex Bar Row
185/10, 205/5, 205/5, 205/6

Pushups
30, 30, 25, 25 (I sprinkled these four sets throughout the workout)
   * No shoulder pain at all. I'm beginning to think that I was right about the incline presses and/or shrugs being the most recent culprit(s). So, yes, I am not really hitting chest the way I'd like, but pushups are better than nothing.

T-Bar Row (underhand grip)
135/6, 135/6, 135/5 drop set to 90/5

EZ Bar Curls
70/15, 70/10, 55/10  (short rest periods in between each set, biceps were burning)

Depth Jumps
6 sets, 5 reps each

* Good workout- very happy with how both row exercises felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment