Friday, February 13, 2015

Sumo Deads (Video), Hex Bar Rows (Video), Shoulder Hurt Again


Inexplicably, my shoulder is injured again. I truly have no idea why. Neither overhead presses nor Hammer Strength inclines hurt during or after each respective movement. On Tuesday morning (2.5 days after I last did inclines), I woke up with my shoulder in severe pain. It really hasn't subsided much at all since. I am at my wits end with this now and am going to make an appointment to see a doctor next week. That said, I decided to go to the gym tonight to see if back and biceps exercises irritated my shoulder at all. Sumo deadlifts, hex bar rows, and T-bar rows all felt fine. Close grip lat pulldowns bothered me, so I only did one set. I also did a light set of curls and felt it pretty quickly, so I abandoned ship on those.

In addition, I recently purchased a new phone, so I am once again able to post videos here. Tonight, I posted videos of sumo deads and hex bar rows. I am curious as to what you think of my form, especially with the sumos, as I am still learning the exercise.

Even though I already know that I am going to have to give up on push exercises again, I am hopeful to at least be able to continue to hit legs and back. I will be devastated if I am told that I can't.


Sumo Deadlift
138/10, 228/5, 278/5, 328/5

        Video: 328/5



Hex Bar Row
210/6, 210/6, 210/6

        Video: 210/6





T-Bar Row (underhand grip)
90/15, 135/6, 135/6, 135/6

Close Grip Lat Pulldown
190/10

Depth Jumps
6 sets, 5 reps each (highest box yet)
    * These are helping my vertical jump, as I am consistently touching the rim now.

2 comments:

  1. I have never trained the sumo deadlift yet EVER. I do see it a lot at my gym and on-line watching STTV stuff. I've always gotten the impression that the back angle starts out much more vertical, than what I think I'm seeing in your video. This picture is along the lines of what I'm used to seeing (I know this guy is in gear, it's just one of the better pictures I found on a quick search): http://supertraining.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/robotsumosideview.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... thank you. I will try to do that next time and see how it feels. I also think that my back a bit too parallel to the ground in the hex bar rows, based on what I've seen.

    ReplyDelete