Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Deads

As usual, Wednesday was yoga. Last night, however, was something out of the ordinary. My cousin's friend works at a gym where she hosted a group workout session that I was invited to attend. We started off with some spinning, which I had never done before. From that alone, I worked up a good sweat. After that, we were divided in to smaller groups which amounted to a form of circuit training. There were a lot of kettlebell squats, battle ropes, tire flipping, various forms of push ups, planks, rowing, tire jumping, wall throws, etc. The entire session was probably about 90 minutes and I worked up a pretty big sweat. I was glad to be invited. That said, I think tonight's lifting session suffered a bit, perhaps due to a combination of last night and poor sleep over the last two days.

Hex Bar Deads
135/10, 225/5, 315/5, 365/1, 315/12
   * 365 was heavier than I wanted it to be, so instead of going up to the 400's, I decided to rep out with 315. I was really feeling it by that 12th rep.

Chins
13

DB Rows
Right Side         Left Side
75/10                 75/10
85/8                   85/8
95/8                   95/8
    * Haven't done these in ages, and I like doing them. (off the rack style)

Seated Plate Loaded Calf Raises
90/30, 30 second rest, 90/20 (feel the burn!!!!!)

Lying Hamstring Curls
110/15, 110/15

EZ Bar Curls
85/11

* My legs were completely fried at the end of this workout, largely due to yesterday's session, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment