Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week 22: Intensity Day

It's time to listen to my body. I've been struggling fighting through fatigue & lower back tweaking lately, and today was no exception.  Therefore, I had a light intensity day.

It seems as if three days of squatting and two days of basketball per week are taking their toll on my legs & lower back. I've been training like this for about 9 months (I started Texas Method about 2.5-3 months before this blog) and in a few weeks I am going try a new training philosophy, which I will detail then.

Next Saturday, I am moving. This move will require numerous trips up and down stairs carrying boxes, mattresses, air conditioners, and furniture. As such, I am going to refrain from doing any squats and deadlifts next week.

I will play basketball on Monday & Wednesday, train bench press and back on Tuesday, and possibly do a light workout on Thursday.

The following week, I will return to Texas Method training and continue it for about 3-4 weeks. After that, I will start the new program.

Here are the results from today's light intensity day:

Squats

Warm Up: 138/10, 188/5, 228/4, 278/3, 298/1
Work Set: 318/3 (not a very good set; I felt pain in my lower back on the 3rd rep, and completed the rep with bad form)

Deadlifts

138/10, 228/5, 318/1

Press

Warm Up: 42/10, 92/6, 132/4, 153/2
Work Sets: 165/3, 172/1

Chinups

10lb dumbbell/5
15lb dumbbell/4,4

* Concluded the workout with 3 sets of biceps curls.


No comments:

Post a Comment