Friday, March 30, 2012

Week 13: Intensity Day

Intensity Day was done the day immediately following Recovery Day, despite this not being the recommended course of action.  I did this because there will be numerous weekends over the Spring and Summer where I will not be able to lift weights.  Therefore, I wanted to see how my body would react to consecutive days of working out using the Texas Method.

I was happy with my performance with squats.  My bench press, however, did suffer a bit.  I think this can be attributed to two factors: a) bench press has always been my weakest exercise, and thus takes a long time before I see improvement; and  b) I had a strenuous bench press session on Volume Day this week and  neglected to stretch afterward.  I was extremely sore in the chest area during Recovery Day, as well as tonight.

Since many of my weekends will be busy for the foreseeable future, and since I will have to workout in consecutive days relatively often, I may just have to deal with less than an ideal progression with bench pressing.  I will always stretch post workout, though, to try and avoid the soreness.  I have a feeling that soreness was a major reason why I wasn't as strong as I would have liked to have been tonight.

Squats

Warm Up: 45/10, 135/5, 225/3, 275/2
Work Sets: 315/4, 340/1

Video- Squats: 315/4


                                             
                                             
Video- Squats: 340/1


                                          

Bench Press

Warm Up: 45/15, 135/7, 185/3
Work Set: 235/3
I tried 252 for 1, but I barely moved the bar off of my chest.

Chinups (w/pause)

8,8,8


Box Squats

225/5,5,5

No comments:

Post a Comment