Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 13: Deadlifts

Something different- deadlifts on Monday, to lighten the load a little bit for tomorrow's Volume Day.

I usually play basketball on Mondays. Tonight, I played one game, lost, and thus ended up on the bench for the indefinite future, as the gym was crowded. So, I utilized that down time to perform deadlifts.

Warm Up: 135/10, 225/5
Work Set: 355/3

I was definitely weaker than normal for two reasons: the aforementioned basketball and less than stellar sleep. Thus, I wasn't surprised in the least that I didn't get 355 for 5 reps. All in all, I really can't complain about 3 reps, and am pretty confident that I would nail 5 reps on full rest.

Bottom line: If I elect to do deadlifts on a basketball night again, they will be done prior to setting foot on the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment