Friday, December 2, 2016

Incline DB Press & Jefferson Squats

Incline DB Press
50's/15, 60's/10, 70's/10, 80's/8, 90's/5, 90's/5, 90's/5

Jefferson Squats
135/10, 135/10, 185/8, 225/5, 225/5, 275/4, 275/4, 275/7

Incline DB Press
80's/8

* In the interest of shoulder preservation, I decided to scrap the 15 degree presses this week. I did 3 sets of 90's/5, which is more volume than I've done at that weight in quite some time.

* What's a Jefferson Squat, you ask? Good question. I never heard of it prior to my workout. In between sets of DB presses, I was thinking about how I wasn't really feeling split squats and wanted to find some other squat alternative. After doing some Googling and reading some sources that I trust, I decided to give Jefferson Squats/Deadlifts a shot. (They apparently go by either name, which I understand because the movement has elements of both a squat and a deadlift.) I must say that I like how they felt. One note, however, is that I came ill prepared with footwear tonight, so I ended up doing them in socks. The problem is that my socks kept slipping on the floor, gradually pushing my stance wider as the sets progressed. I did try 325, which I lifted off the ground with no problem. However, my feet were spreading apart the whole time, and I had to drop the weight before lock out because of that. Next week, I will wear my Cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment