Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Front Squats & Bench Press

I decided to take a week off from OHP and bench press to rest my left shoulder. When I did a warm up set of reverse grip bench presses at 132, I felt the shoulder a little bit. This angered me a great deal. Naturally, I felt it again when I did a set at 182. After that set, I decided to try the traditional bench press grip and thankfully, did not feel a thing! So, we'll see how that goes in this continuing battle against aches & pains.

Front Squat:
    138/5, 158/4, 188/3, 208/2, 228/1, 188/8 (+1 from last week)
     * Weights felt kind of heavy, but I did manage to increase the set of 188 by 1 rep. Goal reached.

Bench Press:
     Reverse Grip: 132/10, 182/5
     Regular Grip: 182/8, 202/4, 202/4, 202/3 drop set to 152/9
     * Weaker than normal, but I expected to be as a week off from benching always results in a sub par performance on the first day back. It's just how they built me for some reason.

 Neutral Grip Pullups:  8, 7, 7
      * On a side note, I did 40 chinups on Sunday. We had a Mother's Day picnic and the park had a pullup bar. So, I decided to do some chins. 2 sets of 5 and 3 sets of 10.

 Accessory Shoulder Exercises:
      Rear Delt Pulley Machine: 80/15, 80/15
      Standing DB Lateral Raises: 15s/15, 15s/15

I am going to try yoga for the very first time tomorrow night. If I can add this consistently, I am thinking it will help me out in the aches & pains department, as well as make me much more flexible, which I desperately need.

I am going to try OHPs on either Thursday or Friday. (whichever day I do not deadlift)

No comments:

Post a Comment