Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Strong 15, Week 11: Overhead Press 1RM Testing Week

Overhead Press
bar/15, 96/5, 136/1, 156/1, 166/1, 191/1 (PR)
   Cracked 190!! Very, very difficult rep... had to use everything I had to get it. I only slept for 4 hours last night so for most of the day, I wasn't thinking that I would try the 1RM tonight. But, when I arrived at the gym, I figured why not. This is a three pound PR over my last Strong 15 cycle. That may not sound like much, but I'm probably getting pretty close to what my body can max out on without using any steroids or supplements, so I'll take it! I want to switch up my training a little bit now, but I think I may keep running the Strong 15 cycles on OHPs and deads until I stop progressing. Deads will be tested either tomorrow or Friday.

Pushups
30, 20

Cardio
10 minutes on the elliptical... steady state, light.

Pushups
25

Cardio
10 minutes on the Stairmaster.

Pushups
25

Yesterday... I was in Florida visiting my cousin and did some Smith Machine incline presses and lat pulldown supersets in the gym at her apartment complex. After that, I did a few planks. On another note, I also got drunk there on Saturday and had a hangover that lasted all day and night Sunday. So, despite that and the lack of sleep last night, today's 3 pound PR is none too shabby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment