Thursday, March 21, 2013

No Week 12; 100 rep sets; Week 13, Day 1

Week 12 was an off week.

Weeks 13-18 of this year long program center around conditioning and ultra high rep sets. Due to playing basketball, I am not going to do the conditioning part of this phase. So, for those following this workout log along with Paul Carter's 365, please see the book for the conditioning portion.

Over the next 6 weeks, I will use my Strong 15, Weeks 1-6 weights on the squat, pause squat, deadlift, and bench press (no back off sets). There are four different workouts, and I will do three of them per week. Therefore, workout 4 will be done on the first day of Week 2 of this portion (Week 14 overall).

Week 13, Day 1

Squat

134/5, 154/4, 182/3, 202/2, 209/1, 223/1, 235/1

Lat Pulldown Machine (Standard Grip)

70/100 (did the 100 reps straight through; not too difficult; probably started too low)

Bulgarian Split Squats (Smith Machine- bar only)

* Performed 100 reps on each leg (first set on each leg was 15-20, followed by sets of 6-10 until I reached 100 reps, took as little rest as possible in between each set)

The goal here is to do 1 set of 100. There is no way in hell that I can do 100 straight reps of Bulgarian split squats. Not even close. In fact, the most I did in a single stretch was 20, and that was on the very first set. From the second set on, I would do anywhere from 6-10 before I needed to stop.

I pretty much wanted to end my life during this exercise. I could barely walk from the gym to my car, and from my car to my apartment afterward. My sides were burning during the exercise, in addition to my legs.  I will try these again next week and hopefully I can add a few more reps per set.

2 comments:

  1. From what I take from the questions Paul answered on his Facebook page, it is 50 reps each leg, 100 reps total. And I feel your last paragraph, it is how I felt afterwards, and I only did half the reps you did. I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah..so there is a reason to have Facebook, huh? Thanks for the tip! I am still feeling soreness in my entire lower body now, and a lot, by the way.

      Delete