Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Training & Outlook for the next month

While it may look like I have been slacking lately when it comes to lifting weights, the truth of the matter is that I am still pretty banged up. My back is not fully healed and I have recently started to feel something in my right knee.

In addition, I am going on a couple of short trips in the next two weeks. I will be sworn in to the D.C. Bar this Friday and will be spending most of Thanksgiving weekend with my father in Cape Cod. As such, my lifting will be pretty limited over the next two weeks. Time permitting, I will do some high rep stuff in the hotel gym over the weekend. Next week, I plan on lifting per regular on Tuesday. While at the Cape, I plan on chopping fire wood with an ax, which will be a good cardio workout. It should be noted that my basketball playing will not be compromised, as I don't plan on missing any sessions.

While this time off will likely cause some strength loss, I hope it is enough to finally get me back to 100%. My goal after Thanksgiving weekend is to run Smolov Jr. for the bench press until right around Christmas. I'd also like to squat and deadlift again during that same time period.

Once the New Year hits, I will start a new template.

Tonight's session was as follows:

Behind the Neck Press (Sitting)

97/12, 107/10, 122/8, 132/5, 142/5, 147/7,7,6

Bodyweight Pull Ups & Chin Ups (Alternating)

Pull Ups: 6
Chin Ups: 8
Pull Ups: 4
Chin Ups: 7
Pull Ups: 4
Chin Ups: 6

EZ Bar Curls

70/20,16

Abs

Planks: 70 seconds, 70 seconds
Roman Chair Side Bends: 20 lb. DB/15,15

No comments:

Post a Comment