Sunday, September 4, 2022

Bench PR tied

On Friday, I hit an impromptu 290 on the bench, which tied my PR. This one had a slight pause to it, though I doubt the pause was long enough to be considered a competition pause. The rep was also a true grinder, meaning that if I had 291 on the bar, I might not have completed it.  In any event, I am pretty excited about it. 

Leading up to that rep, my sets were 225/10 (touch and go), 225/1 (super long pause), 255/1 (super long pause), and 265/1 (super long pause). As you can see, that was a lot of volume prior to the 290, so I do wonder if I would have been good @ 295 without all of those reps beforehand. 

Other movements this day:
Stiff Bar Deads... worked up to a shaky 475, then followed that with 375/2x5. I don't have a lot of experience doing stiff bar deads.. they definitely seemed more difficult than the deadlift bar. 

I also did a number of T-Bar row sets at modest weight for higher reps. 

Venue: "The World Famous" Kissimmee Muscle.  Is it world famous? No idea, but they make a point of telling you that it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment