Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Update

I had to bail from the competition in Tampa due to a bad case of sciatica. It happened about a month ago and I have been taking it easy/modifying workouts ever since. I'm now at the point that I can bench and deadlift pretty well. For squats, I've been doing Hatfields lately and will continue to do so for a while.

I managed a 500 lb. Hatfield this past Sunday, which was pretty cool.  Tonight, I benched 225 for 11 reps, which is a rep max. On Sunday, I pulled 465 without pain, so we are on the road to recovery.

While I have been and will continue to workout regularly, posting here will be sporadic. If I hit a rep PR I will mention it, but that's probably it until I am able to get back on to a program. 

With any luck, I will be competing again early next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment