Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Random Things

Bench: I just completed a cycle of Smolov Jr. to get my bench press kick started again.... ended up getting a pretty fast touch and go 280. I'm going to try a paused 285 next week just for fun. I've learned that I respond to high volume,  so I am going to keep it up for a few months and then see if I can maybe get that elusive 300...... 

Deadlift: I've been playing around with hook grip lately and pulled 520 the other night. I like how the reps feel over mixed grip with the exception of how much the thumbs hurt at the top. Multiple rep sets are especially painful. If I am going to quit mixed grip, which I think I am, the happy medium will be doing multi rep sets with straps and singles with hook.

Squats: Hit a SSB PR tonight @ 405.

Planks: been doing a 2:00 minimum plank every day for the last 4 days.... going to "keep it continue", as Sammy Sosa would say, for the foreseeable future.

Goals.... hit a PR in one of the big three by my 46th birthday, which is August 25.

Competitions......considering one in November, but too early to say for sure.

2 comments:

  1. That's all awesome, man! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - you too! I see you're going rep crazy.

    ReplyDelete